Wednesday, May 10, 2006

.: FIRST ENTRY :.

in the name of allah most gracious most merciful...

yes, always start something good with a basmallah...so i am hoping that this is something good indeed...

while the world has caught onto the blogging craze EONS ago (ok, i am exaggerating but it sure feels like a long time ago), i honestly never really seem to get the idea, for some very simple reasons:

a. why would I expose MY LIFE for the WHOLE WORLD to read?!
b. i am not someone who is consistent in updating stuff lest my blog which i think would be the least in priorities; well, i lead quite a busy life..sort of..
c. who in the world would read MY BLOG?! *ok, this is where i have a crisis-do i want people to read my blog or dont i? *

so, why have i converted from a 'blog-resistor' to a 'blog-embracer'??

well, there are several factors/ engineered coincidences which have led to this conversion:

a. my friend's blog -erni, more affectionately known as blossom...an interesting blog which actually encourages good words...so, i thought, maybe then blogging is not just about writing a journal & letting the whole world read it
b. my fever and tonsilitis - my temperature was 38.5 degrees celsius last night and my throat is so sore that swallowing my saliva is a slow, painful and measured task (i am on soft diet now- yes, PORRIDGE!)...Being on MC allows me some time to type something, somewhere
c. i just finished reading a book " the confessions of an economic hitman" (categorised as current events/politics, non fiction) today and was inspired by the author to share the knowledge and blogging seems to be a feasible tool...*i'll write about it at another time- too much brain power needed for that one- u know, i am on medication*
d. blogspot marketing - yes, i fell for it!!! "get your own blog in 3 simple steps" - seems easy enough and so, in the spur of the moment, i just decided to sign up

et voila! I suddenly have my own blog...i have no idea how this is going to be..heck, i had a hard time trying to think of a blog name & address..."me, myself & i" seem very narcissistic but i guess, its apt enough since whatever i will post would probably be about things that affect me in one way or another (note: not always ABOUT ME)...*as you can see, i am trying very hard to justify my choice of blog title - a lack of creative juice due to the 38.5 degrees celsius temperature sound like a good reason*

okiez, i think that should be it for my first posting...shall not bore you (i dont even know who i am talking to - as at NOW, nobody, NOBODY even knows this blog exists) or myself further...

marlina signing out...


2 comments:

madame blossom said...

Hello Pink!!

Welcome aboard!! next time, you can also post our emails, if you don't have time to write - but please take out anything too personal. :)

onawhim said...

Hey babe.. I lurrve your FIRST entry.. best.. and well.. it ain't narcassistic.. It could be a place for validation.. and don't we all need that?? We do rite!!