Sunday, August 27, 2006

.: DO AS YOU SAY :.

The packet of spaghetti was strewn all over the kitchen floor.

my sis: Lin! Look at your nephews...

hakim & hamim, look at me, doe-eyed, tinge of guilt across their faces. hazim was on his way out of the kitchen.

me: astaghfirullahal azim... !hazim, please help pick the spaghetti up.

hazim: i didnt do it. it was hamim.

me: still, dont you want to get extra pahala (good deeds) by helping out?

hazim: you, say only. why dont you do it yourself?

me: -

i was stumped.
" O you who believe! Why do you say that which you do not do? Most hateful it is with Allah that you say that which you do not do."
- as saff 61:2-3 -
i got up. went to the kitchen & helped the children pick up the packetful of spaghetti on the floor.

2 comments:

madame blossom said...

kghe..kghe..kghe..

| nur hafizah | said...

nah .. it should be ga ga ga ga ..
anyway, right hamim is cute!