Friday, November 03, 2006

.: a lovely surprise :.



ring ring..ring ring..

me: hello, good morning, marlina speaking.

vincent (a colleague who was covering receptionist duties) : marlina, i left you a voicemail! u never check ah?! no service quality! eh, got somebody dump item here. DIK (donation-in-kind) ah.

me: (to sharon) you expecting DIK item ah?

*sharon shakes her head*

vincent: better come down now ah. before the big boss sees it.

me: ok. (a little angry that i had to go down when i was happily doing my work on my pc)

vincent: better bring a trolley down. big item

me: ok.

*hang up the phone*

me: sharon, you want to help or not?

sharon: no, i have an important email to send. jasline (my boss) asked to do.

me: ok (by this time i was pissed)

*go down with a trolley*

when the lift opened, i saw a bouquet of flowers and a parcel. so, i thought that the flowers are from the dept - bday surprise lah konon & that the parcel was a DIK item. to my surprise (again), the card read:


Dear Pink

Just wanna wish you a happy 24th birthday! May Allah bless you with longevity, best of health, happiness & success. thanks for being such a darling! may this birthday bring greater joy to you & family. We love you lots!

From: bloss, tedd & S.B.


*above: the roses on my desk at work*

so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. *flashes a mega-watt smile from ear to ear*

vincent: happy birthday!!!

me:(flabberghasted) thanks. anyway, no need to bring trolley what, this kind of parcel, so light i can just carry myself.

*went back to office*

my dept was crowding around me, admiring the flowers which coincidentally matched with my pink kebaya. my boss asked to open the package, wondering what is it.

upon opening it, i saw ...


J.J.D.S Limited

To: Miss Marlina Bte Mohd Isa

Message:
please kindly acknowledge this parcel

Thank you

*by the way, J.J.D.S stands for Jasline. Jones. Dawn. Sharon - my dept mates*


there in the box is something wrapped with newspaper. ta da! a document bag (the bigger one in the picture below) which TOTALLY MATCHES my last-minute-bought hari raya handbag.


*I told you it TOTALLY MATCHES. 'touching' seh that my colleagues notice what i bring around - maybe they've decided that i shld be more feminine (i usually bring my bag pack to work) *

A double surprise. Didnt expect that people would go through so much effort for my birthday. My colleagues cracked their heads trying to think of how best to give me my bday present (esp Sharon) & my friends gave such a wonderful surprise at work, which was timed (engineered coincidence?) perfectly.

so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...

Really, it is not so much of the presents, but the loving effort that those around me have put in to make it such a memorable experience.

Nothing else to say but THANK YOU.


.: pink in bloom :: counting my blessings :.

all pictures courtesy of Samsung's SGH E530 hp camera =D

1 comment:

madame blossom said...

Happy birthday darling..

you're the sweetest shade of pink.