Monday, June 16, 2008

Clear waters

I was swimming one fine afternoon. As I did my laps, I was besotted with its silence, clarity and beauty, for I have a love affair with anything-water. For a moment though, morbid thoughts struck me. I could easily drown. Our limited beings are weak, dependent on none other than His Favour and Mercy.


And He it is who sends forth the winds as a glad tiding of His coming grace; and [thus, too,] We cause pure water to descend from the skies, so that We may bring dead land to life thereby, and give to drink thereof to many [beings] of Our creation, beasts as well as humans.
25: 48-49

Have you ever considered the water which you drink? Is it you who cause it to come down from the clouds - or are We the cause of its coming down? [It comes down sweet - but] were it Our will, We could make it burningly salty and bitter: why, then, do you not give thanks [unto Us]?
56:68 - 70

Say [unto those who deny the truth]: "What do you think? If of a sudden all your water were to vanish underground, who [but God] could provide you with water from [new] unsullied springs?"
67:30

No comments: