Thursday, February 21, 2008

awe and inspiration....

Recovering from post-camp exhaustion, attributed to sleepless nights and a mad rush…But fired nonetheless…

Building Resilient Muslim Youth Camp 16 – 18 feb 08.

“Goose bumps…are the bumps on a person's skin at the base of body hairs which involuntarily develop when a person is cold or experiences STRONG EMOTIONS such as fear or AWE, or captures the essence of a unique experience.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piloerection

Happened to me quite a bit during the camp. I believe I was in AWE.

I was in AWE of my younger brothers and sisters’ energy, enthusiasm and earnestness in seeking knowledge; their spirit to know more about Islam, and about themselves.

I was in AWE of the facilitators’ dedication and zeal to guide their younger brothers and sisters thru. ¾ of the facilitators turned up for a pre-camp overnight session at masjid ahmad, despite being called for at the last minute. And they kept their eyes open and minds engaged as we thrashed out the topics (and thrash we did) late into the night.

I was in AWE of how He had weaved in the hearts of strangers, love for each other, in our journey to seek His Blessings, His Mardhatillah.

I was in AWE at how He has kept us together, despite our obvious differences (kadang-kadang sampai gaduh–gaduh). May He not take away the nikmat of being those whom were given the opportunity to carry out His Word.

I was in AWE of His Miracles, His Help. I had my doubts. Many a time, I thought the camp won’t be successful judging from our lack in preparation. But He has always proven me wrong – teaching me again and again that…

Success is not borne out of our efforts. But PURELY out of His Will.

To my darling group members
Farah, Wani, Aisyah, Nadiah, Arini, Syafiqah, Fazliah… I have learnt much from you. More than you ever know. Thank you for opening a moment of your lives to me.

My younger brothers and sisters reminded me of the youth’ idealism at striving for perfection. An idealism that has been more often now, been clouded with realism of the working world. You have no idea how much I draw my strength from all of you.

To my dearest facis
You were God-sent. My angels. May your limbs be witnesses of the good you have done in His Cause in the hereafter. May Allah reward you generously. One asked for inspiring words from me (i almost forgot i said them - it was months before and i didnt think it was much of an inspiration) when in fact all of you were my inspiration.

And for all that, Thank you.


oh, and thank you for showing project zip! video - i almost forgot my experience - gives me a sense of nostalgia and hope.

May Allah gives me the strength, patience and istiqamah to continue doing His Work.


For Pictures and Videos...please visit

3 comments:

madame blossom said...

marha, marha!

You're doing good. InsyaAllah.

dew embun said...

Hey! The Muslim Youth Pledge!
Ko rabak eh just smiling away when there I was tgh berdebat dgn dektu pasal the wordings! Hmmph!
*hahaha*

marlina said...

madame blossom,

thanks. encouragements do keep us going.

dew embun,

well, i did give my inputs pe. PLUS, i told u the pledge was good sbb it passed my awe-o-meter (ie. getting goosebumps)