Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Of Gangs and Alleys…


Last night, I was just done with my Maghrib and was about to leave the mosque when I heard a commotion, which sounded like a gang fight. The pakciks (uncles) at the mosque immediately rushed out. I looked out from the musollah and saw a group of young men running away frightfully into the dark walkway.

When I went out of the mosque, I saw a Bangladeshi lying on the ground and pakciks standing around. I asked if he was stabbed. Nope. I contemplated between calling the police or the ambulance. I wasn’t thinking much but I thought maybe the man needed an ambulance and went with my instincts. I hope he is well now.

Fear crept into me as I walked into the dim walkway that the young men ran into just a few moments before – overpowered by 5-6 big sized men, I could be easily stabbed or worse. I decided that I should put my trust in God, and coaxed myself – it ain’t that bad to die while walking to a class in which you are seeking His ‘ilm.

I have been thinking about it ever since. Maybe I should’ve called the police. Maybe I should’ve gone out the moment I heard the commotion and gave the salam to these young men. Maybe…Maybe…

What is clear though, is that I need to do something more...

May God give me the strength and guidance in doing so...

Insya allah.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salams dear,

first & foremost, alhamdulillah, am glad that nothing bad happened towards you. May Allah continue to protect u & us all. Amin.

as i read, i was thinking of what u mentioned in ur entry .. what wud have happened if you had gone out earlier of the mosque to give ur salams to those young men. hmmph.. May Allah bless them with His Rahmat & Hidayah. Amin.

May Allah give u the strength & guidance too, insyaAllah. Amin.

Take Care, sis dear.

marlina said...

salam dearie,

its been a looong time. thanks for the comment and hope to catch up with u soon, insya allah

Sahalfikri said...

pengalaman mengajar erti kehidupan..

skrg sy berpegang pada prinsip ini:
'apabila saya rasa tak sedap hati, saya akan buat sesuatu tanpa berfikir lagi'

cth: bila ke masjid letak kasut kat satu tempat, then on d way to enter the mosque, rasa mcm there's possibility to disappear (the kasut la)..so, i would go back to the place where i put my kasut n put them separately.then, tawakkal.most of the time.. mmg rasa lega.

p/s: coz dlm hadis 40, ada dinyatakan ttg rasa hati.ia adalah benar.